I’m a mom, and I know what it’s like to have your hands full. There are never enough hands for everything between my kids and all of the bags we need to carry around. That’s why I want to share the best backpack picks with you!
When I was looking for a new pack, I found out that there are so many different types out there – which one should you choose? You can find our best recommendations below – these backpacks will make carrying everything more accessible and comfortable!
Before purchasing mom backpacks, there are a few things to think about. Here I’ll go through each one of these characteristics in further detail.
The size that you’ll need depends on what you’re planning to put in it. Will your backpack be used for work, play, or both? If the pack is only going to be carrying items around the house and errands, then a smaller style might do just fine! However, suppose you are thinking of using this as an everyday bag. In that case, you might want to consider a more practical option.
Comfort and Fit
Then you’ll want your mom’s backpack to be uncomfortable! It can be especially true when it’s filled with items and in use over long periods. Make sure that the pack fits well and offers proper support, so no matter how much you have in the backpack, you’ll be comfortable!
Don’t forget to take into consideration your style. It goes for any bag that you purchase – make sure it fits both your personality and use case. If something doesn’t suit you, then the chances are high that you won’t use it.
The weight of the backpack is another essential factor to consider. When complete, mom backpacks can be hefty and uncomfortable to carry around all day long. If your pack isn’t lightweight enough, then it might not work for you!
The material that your pack is made of can also be an essential factor. It will determine how well the bag holds up over time and if it’s easy to clean or not! If you plan on using this backpack for work or school, then a durable option might be best.
Make sure that your backpack has enough compartments for all of the items you’ll need to carry around. It includes different sections for things like pens, pencils, notebooks, etc.!
Rucksack vs. internal frame
Do you want an internal frame or a traditional rucksack? It is another crucial factor to consider when purchasing your mom’s backpack. If the pack has an external frame, it won’t hold as much weight and might not fit certain items that need extra support (i.e., laptops).
Consider the organization of your backpack. It is especially true if it’s going to be used for work or school, where you’ll need different compartments and sections for items like paperclips, pens, pencils, etc.!
If you’re going to be using your backpack in the rain or snow, it must have waterproof features. There are many options with this type of technology – make sure yours can handle all kinds of weather!
Of course, price is also an essential factor when purchasing anything. However, don’t forget to think about the overall quality of your backpack, as this is what you’ll be using every day! It won’t last long if it’s not made well, no matter how inexpensive it was to purchase.
Also, make sure that everything fits inside and there are enough pockets for all your items. Otherwise, you might find yourself constantly digging around in your backpack to find things.
How To Choose The Right Style Of A Backpack
Backpack designs have evolved, but most backpacks are now either horizontal or vertical.
Horizontal- These backpacks have a comprehensive, horizontal shape and load the heaviest items or more on your hips. They also fit more comfortably when worn with bulky clothing like winter coats.
Vertical- These backpacks are best for carrying heavy loads of groceries from the store to your car, books from class to home, tools you need out in the field—they can even be used as a baby carrier.
Best Backpacks For Moms: Our Top Options
If you’re having trouble deciding on backpacks, one of our top choices is an excellent place to start. All of the packs reviewed in this article are fantastic, but these three stand out!
The Borealis is one of the most well-known women’s backpacks from North Face. It’s super durable and has excellent padding on the back. There are many pockets for organization, making it best suited to school or work use!
This backpack is perfect for carrying your laptop around campus, books from class to home, groceries in the store – basically anything you need out there with you. It also comes at a reasonable price point, making it an excellent option for an everyday use backpack!
The only downside is that the Borealis isn’t waterproof. However, this may not be too much of an issue if you’re carrying items inside your home or office. If you need something more water-resistant, though – then one of the other options on our list might be better suited to your needs.
The Borealis is also available in many colors! Choose the best color for you to ensure you’re getting a backpack that suits all of your preferences and lifestyle needs.
Additionally, suppose you often travel or want something for hiking. In that case, this could be an excellent choice, thanks to its durability and comfort!
- Dimensions: 13.25 x 9.75 x 19.75 inches
- Volume: 28 Liters
- Weight: 2.55 pounds
- FLEX VENT TECHNOLOGY
- Material: Polyester
- MULTI COMPARTMENT DESIGN: This large capacity backpack has a spacious main compartment, as well as an interior sleeve for your laptop/tablet and extra pockets on the front and sides.
- The North Face Borealis is one of our top picks for best mom backpacks – it’s comfortable to wear and offers excellent organization and security!
- This backpack has a large volume and can carry lots of items. – It’s very durable and high quality for the price you’re paying. The materials used are top-notch, so they’ll last for years to come.
- The fabric has excellent quality.
- The Ergonomic Design is ergonomically designed for women.
The North Face Borealis is a great option for any female who needs to carry their laptop or tablet around campus, books from class to home, and more!
Osprey is another excellent company that produces top-of-the-line backpacks. One of our top choices for the best mom backpack is their Osprey Porter 46 travel rucksack.
This pack has an incredible amount of storage space with a very comfortable fit! It’s perfect for any traveler whether you’re commuting, hiking, or just traveling around town.
- Capacity: 46 Liters
- Weight: 3.4 Pounds (1.5 kg)
- Size: 23 x 15 x 13 Inches (58.4 x 38.1 x 33 cm)
- Material: Nylon
- D-ring attachments for adding a shoulder strap (sold separately)
- Padded top and side handles provide comfortable carry
- The main compartment is spacious enough to fit everything for your journey.
- Laptop compartment and a tablet sleeve to keep your electronics safe
- Side pockets for convenient storage of water bottles, snacks, etc.
- It has excellent quality materials, lots of space and includes some additional features that come in handy while traveling! The laptop and tablet sleeves work great for protecting your electronics when you’re on the go.
- Stowaway harness and hip belt attachment system
The Osprey Porter is an excellent choice if you need something to carry around work or school essentials, as well as a laptop! This backpack is comfortable and has lots of storage space – what more could you want?
Related Article: Osprey Farpoint 55 Review
The Shrradoo travel laptop backpack is a big, anti-theft backpack with lots of compartments and storage space. The bag’s high-density nylon lining protects it from tearing and water ingress. A foam-padded top handle and adjustable shoulder straps with a breathable sponge mesh design are included.
It offers a large volume laptop backpack that’s designed to keep your electronics safe.
Capacity: 40 Liters
Weight: 1.8 Pounds (0.8 kg)
Size: 18.9 x 12.6 x 7.9 Inches (48 x 32 x 20.1 cm)
Water Resistant: Yes
- Anti-theft features
- Shoulder straps are padded with breathable mesh to keep you cool and comfortable when carrying the bag.
- A USB charging port is included so that you can charge your phone or tablet while on the go!
- A comfortable set of shoulder straps made from high-density nylon lining prevents tearing/water ingress.
- A sturdy, multi-purpose backpack that is great for both work and travel.
The Shrradoo anti-theft laptop bag is a sturdy backpack with lots of pockets, a USB charging port. Also, it includes some security features to keep your belongings safe! The shoulder straps are very comfortable as well – this would make an excellent option for anyone who needs a backpack for work, school, or travel.
You are looking for a backpack that can carry your laptop and other work essentials? The AMBOR anti-theft bag is just the thing! It has an impressive 39L capacity, meaning it’s big enough to hold everything you need.
- Weight: 2.7 Pounds (1.2 kg)
- Size: 19.5 x 12.5 x 5.3 Inches (61 x 49.5 x 13.5 cm)
- Material: Polyester
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Anti Theft Design
- Made From Durable Eco-Friendly Nylon Fabric
- Water-resistant Material
- This bag is perfect if you need a big, spacious backpack for work or school.
- Anti-theft features keep your belongings safe during travel and on the go!
- USB charging port included charging phones etc., while out and about.
- The laptop compartment can hold laptops up to 17 inches in size – great if that’s what you need!
The AMBOR laptop backpack is an excellent choice if you want a big anti-theft bag for traveling or commuting. The USB charging port and extra pockets mean you can keep your electronics safe. In contrast, the spacious interior means it’s easy to carry everything else as well.
If you’re looking for a backpack that can hold your breast pump and ice pack, this is the one!
- Dimensions : 10.3 x 8.7 x 15.3 inches
- Package Weight: 1.45 pounds
- Made of water-resistant nylon material
- 100% Leakproof
- Spacious interior with lots of pockets
- The strap is adjustable so that you can find the perfect fit for your body.
- Water Resistant & Leakproof – Do Not Stain Your Clothes or Diaper Bags!
If you’re looking for a backpack that’s leak-resistant and water-resistant, this is a great option. Large enough to fit your breast pump and ice pack, it’s also got lots of pockets for storage!
Backpack Care Tips
If you want to get the most out of your backpack, you’ll need to look after it. Here are some guidelines for keeping your rucksack in excellent working order:
- If you’re not sure where to hang it, don’t put it up a tree branch.
- Be careful when you’re lifting your backpack into or out of a car. Never lift it by the straps!
- If possible, hang your rucksack on something sturdy like backpacks with internal frames. These are best hung from their padded shoulder straps.
- Keep in a cool, dry place.
- Regularly clean out mold and mildew on the inside of your backpack.
- Please don’t add any extra accessories, such as a hydration bladder or hip belt pockets, until you’ve made sure that everything else fits appropriately and it’s comfortable to wear for long periods!
- Another excellent method to keep your backpack looking nice is storing it in its pouch and folding it neatly.
Related Article: How To Wash A Backpack
The best mom backpack comes with multiple benefits and features that make it convenient to carry everything. When you buy the best Mom backpack, be sure to consider the following features: – durability – security – comfort & adjustability. If none of these options seem like they would work for your needs, check out our other reviews on the best backpacks for school, best laptop bags, and best travel duffel bags.
Related Article: Best Backpack For Law School