Are you thinking of going on a day trip or taking an extended vacation? You might be looking for the most suitable backpack to carry with you. Oakley Kitchen Sink Backpack is what I would recommend.
After reading this Oakley kitchen sink backpack review, you’ll be able to decide whether or not it should be the #1 item on your backpacking checklist!
- Dimensions: 20 x 14 x 8 inches
- Capacity: 34L
- Material: 69% Nylon, 31% Polyester
- Weight: 2.2lbs
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Compartments: 1 bottom shoe/wet compartment, 1 main compartment
- External Pockets: 5 external; 2 side pockets, one shoulder strap pocket, one front organizational panel, one protected glasses/media pocket on the top lid
- Back Panel And Harness: Back panel is made of breathable compression-molded high-density foam and adjustable harness length.
- External Attachment Points: 4 fixed webbing points and 3 D-ring tie-downs
- Internal Pockets: 1 padded 17″ laptop sleeve with its zipper access
- It’s a solid and robust material.
- Room for several nights-worth of gear
- Loaded with helpful travel features
- Separate compartments for laptop, shoes, and sunglasses
- It’s a massive, bulky, and somewhat boxy design.
- There are two steps to get into the main compartment.
- Heavy, overweight, and a bit boxy
What Is It About The Oakley Kitchen Sink Backpack That Makes It So Popular?
When you’re out biking, hiking, or paddling around on your kayak and then decide that maybe it’s time to go for a swim in the river before heading home again after a long day outdoors, this backpack is going to be perfect.
This bag may look big from the outside, but it has several compartments. There are five external pockets, and within the main compartment, you’ll find a padded laptop sleeve that’s 17″ in length.
This Oakley Kitchen Sink backpack has some excellent features for the organization, including:
– A protected glasses/media pocket on top of the lid to keep your sunglasses safe while still allowing quick access when needed. It comes with an internal organizer for smaller items.
– A front organizational panel that has pockets to hold all your pens, notebooks, and other small stuff you’ll want to have easy access to without having them scattered about the main compartment of the bag. It even comes with a keychain clip, so it will be harder for you to lose essential keys if they are attached outside the pack.
– There’s a nice, large side pocket on one side and two smaller pockets at the bottom for your water bottle or other similar-sized items you want to have quick access to without having them be in plain sight when you open up all compartments of this Oakley Kitchen Sink backpack.
Build and The Dimensions
The Oakley Kitchen Sink Backpack has dimensions of 20 “x 14″ x 8”. It is rather large for non-hiking gear. This product can hold up to 34 liters, which is equivalent to 2074 cubic inches.
You’ll notice that it doesn’t follow the usual square shape but instead has a narrow top and a big bottom. When you pull it apart, you’ll discover a vast chamber within.
Zippers are used to keep the main compartment closed. Aside from these, the backpack has a “flap” on top that you may complete with a few metal clasps. You may close this flap by tying it down with a couple of metal clasps.
This component provides excellent protection. Because of this feature, it would be difficult for thieves to remove anything from the backpack. Aside from that, your belongings- the items in your bag- will be protected against the elements.
- It offers optimal ventilation, breathability, and airflow because it is made of a material that allows easy breathing.
- It’s made of long-lasting, abrasion-resistant material.
- The material is a blend of 69% nylon and 31% polyester.
- Before washing, even if the backpack is machine-washable, remove clamps, hooks, and other metal attachments.
- Although the pack is not waterproof, it is water-resistant.
Organization & Accessibility
The Oakley Kitchen Sink Backpack has several compartments.
There are a few external pockets, and within the main compartment, you’ll find a padded laptop sleeve that’s 17″ in length. This bag may look big from the outside, but it has several compartments.
A protected glasses/media pocket is on top of the lid to keep your sunglasses safe while allowing quick access when needed.
There are two steps to get into the main compartment, which may be annoying for some people. Still, it does provide better security from pickpockets and thieves because it will make it harder for them to steal your stuff.
The front organizational panel has pockets to hold all of your pens, notebooks, and other small items that you want easy access to without having them scatter about the bag’s main compartment. There’s also a keychain clip, so it will be hard for you to lose essential keys if they are attached outside the pack.
There is a lovely, large side pocket on one side and two smaller pockets at the bottom for your water bottle or other similar-sized items that you want to have quick access to without having them be in plain sight when you open up all compartments of this Oakley Kitchen Sink backpack.
The shoulder straps are adjustable, and the back panel is made of mesh, which means that this backpack provides an ergonomic fit.
The shoulder straps are adjustable, and the back panel is made of breathable material with ample airflow, so it will not cause overheating when you carry this for a long time.
External Attachment Points
The Oakley Kitchen Sink Backpack has several attachment points for gear, including two daisy chains on the front of the bag.
There are three loops at each side to carry items such as trekking poles or an ice ax. There is also a loop near the top that you can use with carabiners and other tools you need to have quick access to or that you want to secure.
These loops can help you attach additional items, including a sleeping pad for extra insulation in the cold and snow. There are also two webbing straps on both sides of the backpack explicitly designed to secure your hiking poles when not used.
What makes this Oakley Kitchen Sink Backpack unique is the daisy chains on the front of the bag. These are great for attaching items such as a bike light or bike lock when you need your hands free and don’t want to carry these in your backpack.
Value For Money
This Oakley Kitchen Sink Backpack is an excellent value for the money. It is a good-quality bag that includes numerous useful features at a reasonable price. It’s well constructed, with a fantastic organization, comfort, and some beneficial functions. However, it isn’t cheap, which implies it isn’t overly pricey either.
Related Article: How To Organize A Backpack
Whoever designed this Oakley Kitchen Sink Backpack certainly took the time to prepare it to be as functional, comfortable, and useful for general use.
It comes with enough pockets & compartments that you will find what you need without having anything else but your essentials packed inside of it.
Overall, I would recommend the Oakley Kitchen Sink Backpack to anybody looking for a backpack that they can use when going on day trips or extended vacations.
This Oakley Kitchen Sink Backpack review has given you some helpful information about this popular backpack. Anyone using it will be happy with its excellent design and awesome features available at an affordable price.
This bag provides an ergonomic fit and plenty of storage space. You’ll be pleased with the way it is well-constructed, functional, comfortable, useful for general use, and provides an affordable price tag along with all these benefits.
How much does the Oakley Kitchen sink backpack weigh?
Is the Oakley Kitchen sink backpack water-resistant?
The pack is waterproof and comes with a steel cable, heavy-duty metal clasps, reinforced metal hooks, and metal zipper pulls.
Is it possible to wash Oakley backpacks?
The Oakley kitchen sink backpack is machine washable, but keep in mind that the metal D-rings. Before washing, remove these to prevent your washing machine from suffering damage. If required, clean the bag with a damp cloth and some soap.
Related Article: How To Wash A Backpack
Where are Oakley backpacks manufactured?
At their Foothill Ranch headquarters, Oakley still creates and develops all of its eyewear. Furthermore, up to 70% of Oakley components are still made in the United States. Some features, on the other hand, are produced in Luxottica’s overseas manufacturing facilities.
What is the best way to clean an Oakley backpack?
Use a soft cloth dampened with mild soap and water to remove dirt gently. A gentle lanolin-based product can also be used for cleaning and conditioning. As required, a silicone finish may be applied. Do not machine wash or dry clean this item.
What is the proper way to utilize a kitchen sink backpack?
The Oakley kitchen sink backpack is a very flexible bag. It may be used as a simple gym bag, but it can also be packed for a camping trip! The best feature of the bag is that you are not restricted in any way when carrying it.